daryn alexus a young talent currently residing in Chicago pushing out a refreshing sound that many wouldn’t expect to come from this city. in my opinion daryn already has the abundant ability to use her voice as a powerful weapon while simultaneously keeping that power in check as to highlight its subtle sweetness. that ability paired with her talent for original songwriting will make her a very formidable contender in the industry, again IMO. this project is very sweet, very genuine, and should be replayed from top to bottom MORE than a few times.
you can download GREEN free here:
support Daryn here:
check out the music video for ‘GO WILD’ below…
first things first,
it’s not about time. it’s about energy.
- Decide what’s important: because in 5 years,(shit even a month) 80% of what you do today may not turn into anything.
- Sleep, food and exercise: can triple your outcome, because they increase focus, motivation and energy levels.
- The 2-minute rule: if you can do something in 2 minutes, do it now.
- The 5-minute rule: the biggest cure against procrastination is to set your goal to just work 5 minutes on it.
- Practice Makes Permanent: if you want to be good at something, do it every day. including on christmas, thanksgiving, during monday night raw, etc. #nodaysoff
- Tiny habits: ( ) helps you create good habits quickly.
- Don’t Rely on Your Memory: get everything out of your head, write it down in a notebook, put it in your todo-list app, whatever.
- As few tools as possible: it doesn’t matter what you use (pen & paper/iPhone) if you understand your task.
- Routine beats tools. you need discipline.
- Pomodoros: timeboxing—for 30 minutes do only the task at hand. nothing else.
- Always wear your headphones: you don’t gotta listen to music, but it will discourage people to approach you.
- Email scheduling and inbox zero: don’t read your email first thing in the morning, don’t read it in the evening, only before noon, during after lunch, and before you go home for the day.(assuming you have a job/go to school/idk) your email inbox is not a todo list. don’t let that bubble number get over 30 at one time: every message should either be an actionable task, or a reference document.
- Same thing for phone calls: don’t be always available.
- Batch small tasks: mail, phones, tweets, instagram posts, etc.
- MI3: most important three tasks (or 1 must – 3 should – 5 could)
- Willpower is limited: don’t think that willpower is a get out of jail free card. everyone succumbs to being tired at some point.
- The most powerful thing: always ask yourself what is the most powerful thing you can do right now.
- Ship often: don’t polish it too much. just let it fly.
- Scheduled procrastination: your brain needs some rest every so often and that’s okay.
- Delete. Say No. Ignore. Don’t commit to schedules
- Fake incompetence