Check the show out FRI- SUN 9pm Eastern (8pm Central) CALL UP 516-387-1936
This is a dope Hip Hop internet radio show for fans that love battle rap & discussing old school hip hop & dope artists on the come up who actually rap. These guys have done interviews so far with many people such as 38 Spesh,Crooked I, Danny Myers, Smiff & Wessun & many more. Check it out exclusively on “Fresh Slander” On BlogTalkRadio.
First & foremost we just wanted to say thank you to all our supporters. We would like to give a special shoutout to all the people who subscribe to this site via email all over the WORLD y’all are the motivation to keep pushing the latest upcoming talent along with hidden gems that don’t get on all these other platforms. This show is hosted by Oh ( Owner Of W2TM ) & Co hosted by T join us as we discuss current events, music, sports, lifestyle. This is our perspective not for the faint of heart options matter. We are on a few streaming platforms more to come check the links below. Feel free to support the show so we can keep the WiFi on & keep the content pumping.
Check Us Out
Radio Publuc: https://radiopublic.com/the-dont-say-that-podcast-WeyXpL
Microwaves Alter Your Food’s Chemical Structure
Microwaves heat food by causing the water molecules contained within to vibrate at very high frequencies, eventually turning those molecules into steam. It is this reaction which increases the temperature of your food. The type of heating microwaves produce is known as dielectric heating, which bounces around the device and is absorbed by the food that you put into it.
Heating your food in general is known to deprive it of at least a portion of its nutrients, but many believe that opting to heat food via a microwave also subjects it to what is referred to as the “microwave effect.” Many still argue that the microwave effect is a myth, but a number of studies have come out suggesting otherwise. Most notably, a study released by Penn State University in 2001 stated that conventional and microwave heating appear the same at the macro level but are very different at the molecular level. The study also referenced a 1995 study in which a scientist successfully demonstrated that microwaves – unlike other heating devices – are capable of destroying viral DNA.
Another study conducted in 2003 examined broccoli prepared in the microwave and found that the vegetable had lost 97% of its valuable antioxidant content through the cooking process. Given that we live in a world dominated by processed food, and much of the fresh produce we do eat is grown in soil heavily depleted of its naturally occurring nutrients, the idea of losing even more nutrition seems almost like a knockout punch to our health. To most of us, myself included, eating completely raw is definitely not overly enticing, so opting for the best possible cooking method certainly does seem important.
Container Chemicals & Food Fats Leak Into Your Food
We’re all familiar with the “Microwave Safe” label found on a number of food containers, but this label is entirely misleading. Despite what many people think, it only refers to the container’s ability to be used in a microwave safely without melting or starting a fire. What it doesn’t refer to is the container’s safety in terms of the numerous toxic chemicals it can leak into your food when heated – chemicals which you then ingest.
Chemicals such as polyethylene terpthalate (PET), benzene, toluene, xylene, the now well-known BPA, and even it’s so-called safer alternative BPS. Many of these chemicals have been linked to the impairment of female reproductive elements and brain development, along with diabetes, prostate disease, and more. The microwaving of fatty foods in “microwave safe” plastic containers has also been found to lead to the release of the known carcinogen dioxins.
Even A New & Safety Inspected Microwave Can Leak Radiation
Microwave manufacturers do deserve a lot of credit for the heightened safety standards they’ve put into practice when developing the newest microwave ovens. Thanks to their hard work, a number of previous concerns have been rectified, however there still seems to be some exposure, especially when within a certain radius of the appliance when in use.
Even a brand new, perfectly functioning and locking microwave can expose us to up to 400 milliGauss of unwanted radiation. To put that into perspective, a mere 4 milliGauss has been linked to leukemia. Steering clear of microwaves when in use is certainly advisable for all but is particularly critical for both pregnant women and children. Given that microwaves are most often used in the midst of the cooking process, steering clear of them can often be quite difficult, further exemplifying why they should be avoided altogether if possible.
How To Move On Without A Microwave
There are certainly no shortage of alternatives when it comes to heating food. The one key difference between microwaves and the other available options, however, is time. As with so many other worthy changes we feel inspired to make in our lives, they take a level of commitment in order to be implemented properly.
A simple step such as planning ahead can go a long way towards avoiding the need for a microwave. Taking frozen ingredients out of the freezer well in advance of meal preparation time will give them the opportunity to naturally thaw out in time for when they need to be cooked.
I believe that the more we become consciously present with the meals we prepare, the more likely we are to naturally steer away from the need for a quick prep option. Both a toaster oven and conventional oven may take substantially longer to prepare a meal, but the health concerns that they successfully avoid is certainly worth the wait.
I finally had the time to my self to relax an complete the first full season of “Money & Violence” all I can say is man this show had me hooked from the jump. I would recommend this to people who enjoyed shows such as The Wire & The Corner this brings the real street aspect into perspective from a daily angle most of young america can relate too.
Im gonna warn you ahead of time this isn’t a masterpiece the filming & acting isn’t perfect this was a lot of the casts first time doing this. The main thing you should be focusing on is the message they are trying to get across and the fact they did this on there own with no funding & promo and it’s gotten to this many people & has even caught buzz with the majors such as HBO & Netflix deals.
I’m looking forward to season 2 & future work from Cloud 9 TV. I loved the scripting the actors all spoke with a lot of intellect & dropped a lot of gems that most people even in different situations could probably relate to. The season ended on a high note alof was going on all the key characters where built up im just watching to see what’s next. Whatever you do just please check this show out email me your opinions or @ me on Twitter @NamesR4Friends I wouldn’t stare anyone in the wrong direction.
this game can be viewed as sort of a life hack. in just 5-minutes you can connect deeply to your subconscious desires, and discover personal truths that may have previously been suppressed. once you learn what each element represents, you can’t unlearn – so this is a one time only test, but is great to pass along nonetheless.
In your mind’s eye imagine a vast desert, and in the midst of the “sea of sand” there is a cube.
The first task is to describe the cube, and explain all of the details of its aesthetic, size, material, and placement in the sand.
There are no right or wrong answers; this is extremely personal to your experience. Don’t rush, and be sure to elaborate on as many key elements that come to you…the more, the better.
The next task is to visualize a ladder. Where is it in relation to the desert and the cube? Describe as many details as possible. What does it look like? Is it big or small? What color is it?
The third step is to imagine a horse in this desert. Describe the horse…its location, and its actions. Is it in motion, or is it still? If it is in motion, where is it going? How does it feel, and what kind of energy is it giving off?
Now, there are flowers present in this scene. Describe the flowers, their colors, quantity, smell, etc. Where are they, in relation to the horse, ladder, cube, and sand?
The final question is to describe a storm that is now happening in the desert. Is it affecting the flowers, horse, ladder, cube or sand? What kind of storm is it, and how does it feel? Is it heading in a certain direction? Is it near, or far?
The cube represents you. The size indicates the ego, the placement shows how grounded you are, and the material conveys your openness. According to Emberton, “The trick here is that when asked to describe a blank, abstract entity – a cube – your imagination will tend to project its own identity onto it.”
The ladder represents your friends. Were your friends close to the cube, or far? Were they leaning up against it, or inside of it? The placement of the ladder indicates the nature of the relationships with those closest to you.
The horse represents your ideal mate. Emberton states, “The type of horse reveals a lot about what you yearn for in a partner. Some people see a steady brown workhorse, others a shining pegasus or unicorn. Make of these people what you will. Is your horse nuzzling your cube affectionately, or taking a bite out of it? Is it far from your cube, or walking away? This can represent a current partner, or an aspirational one, but the results are often a mix of touching and hilarious.”
The flowers represent children. The quantity of flowers reveals how many children you imagine having, and the color/aesthetic nature can indicate how you view their health/future. Their placement reveals your relationship with them.
Finally, the storm represents threat. Emberton elaborates, “This speaks to the current state of the person, and how they perceive risk in their life. Some may see a distant storm, on the lip of the horizon, fading from sight. Others may view themselves in the midst of a thunderous apocalypse, hailstones the size of tennis balls pelting their fragile cube and horse. Chances are those people have some immediate trauma in their life.”
use how often you laugh or even smile as a measurement of how comfortable you are in a situation.
growth is a product of history. innovation is just novelty without memory. every memory is a new construct different from it’s source, a potential for growth itself.
- Power to the People
Play can only happen when people feel in control of their lives. you can’t be a free agent if you’re not free.
- Don’t Borrow Money
financial control=creative control.
by listening to other’s subtle details, ambitions, and desires in their speech you mold their world with your own. mutually beneficial.
- Take field trips
the bandwidth of the world is much greater than that of any device.
design is birthed through research. don’t be ashamed to borrow.
when your at a loss for words, make up something else, just not words.
- Break it, Stretch it, Bend it, Crush it, Crack it, Fold it.
- Explore the other side
trying using technology that’s considered old & outdated. use pen & paper instead of a QWERTY keyboard.
- Coffee breaks, Cab rides, & Green rooms
sometimes growth/inspiration happens outside of where you thought it was intended to. the “waiting room.”
- Avoid fields. Jump fences.
break free of boundaries when it comes to being creative. don’t allow them to have control over what is meant to be a manifold and dynamic process.
- Repeat Yourself
if you like something, do it again, and again. if you don’t like something, do it again.
- Forge your own Tools
tools amplify our capacities, so even a small tool can make a big difference. even simple tools that are your own can yield new avenues of understanding.
- Stand on Someone’s Shoulders
you’ll go farther being carried on the accomplishments of others, plus it’s a better view ahead.
- Avoid Software
everyone has it.
- Don’t Clean Your Desk
you may find something in the morning you couldn’t see tonight.
- Don’t Enter Award Competitions. You good.
they’re not good for you.
- Read Only Left-Hand Pages
strange i know. Marshall McLuhan did this. cutting the amount of info we take in leaves room for what he called, “our noodle.”
- Make New Words
Expand a lexicon, demand a new way of thinking by doing so. the new thoughts will demand a new form of expression. that expression demands new conditions. 💎
- Think With Your Mind
forgot technology. don’t limit creativity to devices. 💎
innovation in design happens in context. that context is usually some form of cooperatively managed expertise. the myth of a split between “creatives” and “suits” is what Leonard Cohen calls a “charming artifact of the past.”
- Harvest Ideas
ideas need the space to be dynamic & fluid to flourish properly.
- Keep Moving
don’t let the reinforcement you receive for your successes drive you. instead, allow failure & migration to.
- Slow Down
you don’t need to operate according to “standard” time frames.
- Don’t Be Cool
free yourself from the fear of how you’ll be perceived, just go.
- Ask stupid Question’s
assess the answer, not the question. imagine learning as if you were an infant soaking up EVERYTHING they’re exposed to.
there’s always massive creative potential when you combine two different perspectives in any capacity.
leave room for ideas that have yet to present themselves to you clearly. the ideas of others as well.
- Stay Up Late
great things tend to happen when you push past the limits you thought had to stop at in your creative mind.
- Work the Metaphor
look at what things stand for rather than what they actually are.
- Be Careful to take Risks
the work you produce today will help shape your future, so nurture it as such.
- Allow events to Change You
be willing to grow. growth is different than something that happens to you. you produce & live it yourself.
- Forget about Good.
growth is not necessarily ‘good.’ growth is about exploration, if you stick to only what’s good you’ll never truly grow.
- Process is more than Outcome
when the payoff or outcome drives the process you’ll never break new ground. when the process itself drives the outcome you’ll at least know you’ll actually want to be wherever you end up.
- Love your Experiments
look at the big picture when it comes to trying new things, try to find fun in your failures.
- Go DEEP
the deeper you go into anything the more likely you are to find something of value.
- Capture/Log Accidents
you either win or you Learn something.
use the necessity to produce as an excuse to study, it’ll prove to be beneficial either way.
allow yourself to get lost in your own thoughts as well as the world. lack judgement, postpone criticism.
- Start ANYWHERE
thinking that there’s a set place or way to begin something can be crippling until you let that notion go.
- Everyone is a Leader
whenever/wherever growth happens allow it. follow it when it identifies with you, don’t be afraid to follow someone else’s lead.
“It is not uncommon for people to spend their whole life waiting to start living.” -Eckhart Tolle
- focus on each moment. take a completely different route to work. eat something totally new. start a conversation with a complete stranger. be spontaneous. see if you can do this exercise once per week. it’s refreshing and reminds you that being adventurous can be safe as well as fun.
- ask yourself real questions and try not to lie. Look at your life. are the goals that you’ve made for yourself still worth keeping? if you’re in school, ask yourself if you’re still interested in your major. if you’re married or in a relationship, ask yourself if that person still makes you happy. do the things/people in your life uplift you or bring you down most often?
- just focus on your breathing. do this exercise once per day: take 3, or as many as you deem necessary, deep breathes with slow exhales. it’s a fantastic way to bring you back into the present moment.
sometimes the best possible thing to say is nothing at all
- Movie Quotes
easy way to inject some fun into a conversation is to quote popular movie lines
- I Understand/Feel You
rather than seeing every disagreement as an opportunity to get fired up and argue, look to understand where they are coming from. you can still have a constructive conversation/debate, but a key element to doing this effectively is to approach it with respect rather than anger
- My Bad
if something was your fault, just identify that it was, and apologize
- “I’ll just have water…”
don’t be afraid to make the healthier choice
- I Appreciate you/Thank You
thank your bus driver, taxi driver, waiter, etc. whenever you can.
- I Believe in You
whether you fully grasp what another individual is striving for or not, don’t be afraid to give them some encouragement
- This is for you/I was thinking about you
it could be as simple as picking up lunch for a friend
- Learn from This
if someone you are close to is going through a tough time, be that comforting shoulder that reminds them of the bigger picture
you may come across some awkward moments and uncomfortable reactions while doing this, but you may also be pleasantly surprised by how much this can brighten the day of some people
Many times when we try to make a good change in our lives, it gets derailed early on by something out of our control.
Let’s say you start a diet, and your daughter makes some great vegan cupcakes and you want to support her efforts, and so you eat some … and this exception causes you to say, “screw it” and you eat some other unhealthy foods later in the day, and then the next day.
Or you’re trying to think positively, and so you go out of your way to be nice to someone with whom you’re not on good terms … and they snub you, causing you to go down a spiral of negative thoughts.
How do you stop the negative spiral? How do you stop the slippery slope?
By having a more flexible idea of what your habit change is.
The problem is that we often have an ideal habit change: we’re going to start this new diet and be perfect at it and all will go well and we’ll be healthy and trim and sexy.
And of course the actual path is much more bumpy than that, and so this ideal expectation is never met. Changes never go the way we think they will. Our fantasies about our new habits don’t come true. And we feel horrible about that, and get derailed.
The problem isn’t the event that derailed us, that caused our perfect habit to go bad … the problem is our ideal about how the change will go. The ideal is just a fantasy, made up in our heads. It’s not real. It’s not realistic.
What’s more realistic? Reality. Instead of holding onto the fantasy you have about the change, let that go and embrace the reality of the change. Be open to whatever happens, be curious what it’s like, and actually be present and observe the change as it happens.
Did someone not respond positively like you’d hoped they would? That’s OK, because while the ideal didn’t happen, you knew that things would turn out differently than the ideal, and so instead of being disappointed you’re curious about what happened, why, how you react, and how you can respond appropriately to this change in plans.
Letting go of the ideal, you smile, observe yourself, and think, “What now? What’s the way to respond appropriately to this new situation?”
You’re flexible. You embrace the reality. You move through the ever changing landscape with a shifting plan, and a smile.
kanye west has been having himself a very busy 2015 thus far, what with performing at the Grammys, executive producing Rihanna’s forthcoming LP, as well as working on his own LP, he added onto that already impressive list of accomplishments today. West premiered the entirety of his 1st collection with Adidas at New York Fashion Week, debuted the first track from his currently nameless album with Chicago artist Vic Mensa & Sia called, “Wolves,” Ye also took to the stage for a live performance at the 1st Annual Roc City Classic event in New York City, which co-stared NBA all-star Kevin Durant.
amongst this large amount of content revealing i’m sure Kanye felt as though there would be nothing ANYONE could do to take anything away from this day being 100% Yeezy…except 1 person: Drake.
excluding a slight return from a short hiatus from social media Drake has been relatively quiet regarding the details on his new music much to the chagrin of his fans until tonight. Drake took to his twitter to post a link to his new mixtape available here on iTunes, “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late.” on the surface this doesn’t seem like that big of a deal, artists release dates overlap quite often, but for Kanye it’s a little different. Kanye previously said he “let” Drake have last summer but reassured that going forward he would reclaim the throne all powered by his vision. this somewhat surprise release from Drake puts pressure on Ye for a number of reasons.
Given his antics all throughout 2013-2014 on the Yeezus Tour, his recent unveiling of his first shoe collaboration with Adidas, the Yeezy Boost 750 being met with a bittersweet response by the public, and the expected but still alienating swerve in musical direct as of late Kanye has become damaged goods in some peoples eyes and the last thing he needs on top of getting a lukewarm response to his 2nd Official Single is to have it be forgotten and become lost in the shuffle due to most hip-hop fans almost involuntary urge to quote Drake lyrics on Twitter and Instagram. a devastating blow like this could threaten West’s momentum he was working so hard on building going into 2015, leaving Drake with the ball in his court along with the satisfaction that he too can break the internet just as quickly as Kanye West can if not quicker. now i understand that 1 SINGLE PERSON can’t possibly own a day and everyone else should know to hold off, you could say Kanye served the culture for the morning & most of the day, and Drake handled the graveyard shift. but i still feel in term’s of making an impact, regardless of Drake “being on” GOOD Music along with any artist that creates good music according to Kanye, Drake may be a few steps ahead of Ye on the surface having used left moves.
what are your thoughts on Kanye’s recent music as well as his clothing line with Adidas? do you think Drake can keep his hot streak going thru 2015? let us know, #W2TM
as soon as 2015 began I made a promise to myself that this year I wasn’t going to fold on any and all issues, especially when it came improving my own life. now i realize turning ones entire life around isn’t an overnight process, which is why i sought out different practices to aid myself and #W2TM on the path to improvement.
- Create habits, not goals or resolutions. Resolutions are like wishful thinking, that fade away inevitably as the year’s newness wears off. Goals are great, but it’s hard to juggle 5-10 new goals when you have a lot of other things always going on. Instead, focus on one new habit at a time, and give it your full attention, until it becomes automatic. Then do another new habit. After a year, you could have 12 new habits, and you’ll be a lot closer to any goals you might have wanted to reach.
- Be all in. Most people fail at their resolutions because they write them down, start taking action, and then let themselves quit when things get hard. But what if you committed to doing the habit of meditation in January, or you’d have to give up your favorite food for a year? What if you had to pay $10,000 if you missed two straight days of meditation? Would you stick to the habit then? Of course you would — because you’d be fully committed. Find a way to be all in, and you’ll make your habits stick.
- Focus on weekly adaptations. Most people try to focus on something that will take a year to achieve, but you lose motivation, and what if things change during that year? Instead, focus on one week at a time. That’s a doable chunk of time — you can do a week at a time, but you can’t really do a year at a time. And each week, see how you can adapt what you’re doing so that your method gets better and better over time. Review how you did, find the obstacles, and plan around them for the next week.
- Find your crew. You can do great things on your own, but you’re much more likely to get them done if you have a group of friends who are holding you accountable, and who you’re holding accountable too. Hold each others’ feet to the fire. Root each other on. Hold regular meetings to make sure everyone is staying on track, and don’t let your crew fall off track.
- Fill your year with curiosity and a learning stance. Many people get discouraged if they fall off their goals or habits, but that’s because they have an all-or-nothing mindset. They see failure as evidence that they can’t do it. Far from it: failure is evidence that things need adjusting. It’s a way to learn, so that you can get better. Be curious about what will work for you, about what this new habit will be like (instead of having a preconceived idea), and about what happens when you make adjustments. See all your successes and failures as learning, not a sign that you are good or not good. With this flexible mindset, you’ll be able to weather out any kinds of disruptions, missteps, obstacles or changes.
February: Healthy eating
July: Debt reduction (saving/investing)
August: Quitting a bad habit
September: A good start (waking early, yoga or MITs)
December: Letting Go
When you take a moment and look around at the world, things can appear pretty messed up. Take 5 or 10 minutes and watch the 6 o’clock news. Chances are, the entire time, all you are going to see is war, conflict, death, illness, etc. Sure, this is part of the mainstream medias content strategy to sell drama and keep people focused on it, but besides that it reveals something real about the current state of our world.
We prioritize money and the economy over basics like air, water, food quality, our environment and our communities.
We utilize an economic trading system that facilitates the death of millions of people each year.
We divide the worlds land into sections and then fight over who owns these sections.
We call some people “soldiers” which makes it OK for them to kill other people.
We torture and kill millions of animals everyday needlessly for food, clothing and experiments.
We send children to school for their entire childhood to memorize facts and skills that they will rarely use.
We impose financial pressures on parents, forcing them to miss out on vital stages of their child’s development.
We have thousands of religions, each one believing that their God or god-story is the only true and unique version.
Love and compassion, which promotes life, are mocked as facile. Whereas war, which harms life, is seen as honorable.
Anyone with a really useful invention, can forcefully prevent others from using or modifying it.
What would your world look like?
Pitches from brand new acts not tied to a public relations company are unarguably the ones that catch the most skepticism from journalists & PR representatives alike. Given that you’re fortunate enough to not be passed over any sort of mistake you make will automatically placed under an industrial-strength microscope. These five examples NOT being in you pitch does not guarantee you’ll get a response but however it will better the likelihood of receiving a response.
1. The pitch with too FEW details
“Hey, I’m so-and-so, and here’s a link to my new music. Check it out! Hope you enjoy.” This doesn’t explain what style of music you play, where are you from, what the rep is ‘in for’ here? Not including a bio, photo, links to music, or anything else will pretty much eliminate all credibility with journalists.
2. The pitch with too many details
- Conciseness is key.
- Don’t provide every minute detail about your recording.
- If it’s multiple artist’s, keep the bios short.
- The fewer links the better. Just the best & latest works.
3. The pitch bogged down by excuses
If you need to explain that your demo is terribly rough, but you sound much better live, consider recording a new track instead. Don’t send photos with a side note mentioning two of the players are no longer part of the band. Any kind of excuse about what is or is not included in your email just draws attention to what you’re lacking.
4. The pitch that undersells the band
Don’t apologize for your newness. If you lack recognition but are part of relatively unknown, yet thriving, niche scene play that up. Reps are always looking to break new movements and trends.
5. The pitch that oversells the band
Don’t come off as if you don’t need a help when you actually do. Acting like you’re obviously deserving of it all won’t help you actually attain a thing.
The challenge is that for the next 10 days, beginning immediately, commit to taking full control of all your mental and emotional faculties by deciding right now that you will not indulge in or dwell on any un-resourceful thoughts or emotions for 10 consecutive days.
It sounds easy, but you might be surprised how often your brain is engaged in unproductive, fearful, worrisome, or destructive thinking. The goal is to learn how to discipline yourself to be able to change your state and thinking rapidly, without indulging in them. It’s about developing mastery of your mental and emotional well-being.
Never spend more than 10% of your time on the problem, and spend at least 90% of your time on the solution.
This is something that I’ve done many times before in the past, and it’s made a significant difference in my life. I realized I had some destructive habits and patterns that were holding me back, such as binge eating, and that certain emotional states or negative thoughts were triggering those destructive habits. It wasn’t until I committed to taking up the 10 Day Mental Diet Challenge that I was able to learn how to take control of my mind and stay consistent with the habits that I wanted.
There are four simple yet important rules to this 10 Day Mental Diet Challenge:
Rule 1. In the next 10 consecutive days, refuse to dwell on any unresourceful thoughts or feelings. Refuse to indulge in any disempowering questions or devitalizing vocabulary or metaphors.
Rule 2. When you catch yourself beginning to focus on the negative – and you certainly will – you are to immediately snap yourself out of it and change your thinking or state. You can do this by asking an empowering question, such as “What’s great about this?” or “What else could this mean?”. Or you can reframe any negative thoughts that come up, for example, if you catch yourself saying “I suck”, you would replace it with, “I’m awesome!” There are some powerful techniques that you can use in a blog post I wrote on how to master your emotions. In addition, you can set yourself up for success each morning for the next 10 days by developing a morning ritual to get yourself in a peak emotional state each day.
Rule 3. For the next 10 consecutive days, make certain that your whole focus in life is on solutions and not problems. The minute you see a possible challenge, immediately focus on what the solution could be.
Rule 4. If you backslide – that is, if you catch yourself indulging in or dwelling on an unresourceful thought or feeling – don’t beat yourself up. There’s no problem with this as long as you change immediately. However, if you continue to dwell on unrsourceful thoughts or feelings for more than a minute, you must wait until the following morning to start the ten days over. The goal of this program is 10 consecutive days without holding or dwelling on a negative thought or state. This starting-over process must happen no matter how many days in a row you’ve already accomplished the task.
When I first attempted the 10 Day Mental Diet Challenge it took me several weeks before I was able to go the 10 consecutive days. It was much more difficult than I thought. But once I was able to successfully finish it, it helped me condition myself for a tremendous, lifelong pattern of staying in a positive emotional state, even when there were challenges around me, and focusing the majority of my energy on solutions.
This is since a process that I’ve encouraged my coaching clients to partake in, and it’s made a huge difference for them, especially in helping overcoming destructive habits or addictions. It’s something that I’m going to be going through again for myself, as I want to make sure I’m applying everything I learn in the book Awaken The Giant Within.
If you take on this 10 Day Mental Diet Challenge, it will do four things for you:
- It will make you acutely aware of all the habitual mental and emotional patterns that are holding you back.
- It will make your brain search for empowering alternatives to them.
- It will give you an incredible sense of confidence as you can see that you can turn your life around in an instant.
- Most importantly, it will create new habits, new standards, and new expectations that will help you expand more than you could ever believe.
Here’s a word of caution:Don’t begin this 10 day commitment unless and until you are certain that you are going to live by it for the full length of time. If you aren’t committed to this, then you won’t last the 10 days. This is not for the weak of heart. This is only for those who are fully committed to conditioning their nervous systems for new, empowering emotional patterns that can take their lives to the next level.
Are you going to do it? Think about it carefully, because once you commit, there’s no going back.
The truth is, you already know and have amazing tools on how to change yourself, your thoughts, and your emotional state. This is my challenge to you to start using them. It’s time to put in practice what you’ve learned.
The best way to stay accountable to this is to commit to a friend or family member that you’re going to do this 10 Day Mental Diet Challenge. Post a comment below to make your commitment public. This will help make you stay accountable and show your level of commitment to complete it.
For anyone that is reading this, I commit to completing the 10 Day Mental Diet Challenge!
daryn alexus a young talent currently residing in Chicago pushing out a refreshing sound that many wouldn’t expect to come from this city. in my opinion daryn already has the abundant ability to use her voice as a powerful weapon while simultaneously keeping that power in check as to highlight its subtle sweetness. that ability paired with her talent for original songwriting will make her a very formidable contender in the industry, again IMO. this project is very sweet, very genuine, and should be replayed from top to bottom MORE than a few times.
you can download GREEN free here:
support Daryn here:
check out the music video for ‘GO WILD’ below…
first things first,
it’s not about time. it’s about energy.
- Decide what’s important: because in 5 years,(shit even a month) 80% of what you do today may not turn into anything.
- Sleep, food and exercise: can triple your outcome, because they increase focus, motivation and energy levels.
- The 2-minute rule: if you can do something in 2 minutes, do it now.
- The 5-minute rule: the biggest cure against procrastination is to set your goal to just work 5 minutes on it.
- Practice Makes Permanent: if you want to be good at something, do it every day. including on christmas, thanksgiving, during monday night raw, etc. #nodaysoff
- Tiny habits: ( ) helps you create good habits quickly.
- Don’t Rely on Your Memory: get everything out of your head, write it down in a notebook, put it in your todo-list app, whatever.
- As few tools as possible: it doesn’t matter what you use (pen & paper/iPhone) if you understand your task.
- Routine beats tools. you need discipline.
- Pomodoros: timeboxing—for 30 minutes do only the task at hand. nothing else.
- Always wear your headphones: you don’t gotta listen to music, but it will discourage people to approach you.
- Email scheduling and inbox zero: don’t read your email first thing in the morning, don’t read it in the evening, only before noon, during after lunch, and before you go home for the day.(assuming you have a job/go to school/idk) your email inbox is not a todo list. don’t let that bubble number get over 30 at one time: every message should either be an actionable task, or a reference document.
- Same thing for phone calls: don’t be always available.
- Batch small tasks: mail, phones, tweets, instagram posts, etc.
- MI3: most important three tasks (or 1 must – 3 should – 5 could)
- Willpower is limited: don’t think that willpower is a get out of jail free card. everyone succumbs to being tired at some point.
- The most powerful thing: always ask yourself what is the most powerful thing you can do right now.
- Ship often: don’t polish it too much. just let it fly.
- Scheduled procrastination: your brain needs some rest every so often and that’s okay.
- Delete. Say No. Ignore. Don’t commit to schedules
- Fake incompetence
‘sup. this is a fantastic answer to the question, “
Some points on making “money”, and possibly not losing it.
1) You will lose all your friends, on the way up, and if you don’t stay there, on the way down.
2) If you feel like “risking it all” on a new venture with your own money, don’t. Risk taking is a pre-requisite for success. Once you got the cash, if you want risky, go sailing/ocean racing, jump off a mountain top with two sticks attached to your feet, buy a glider, or buy a race car and go to the track, that is do anything that takes care of the fix. Risk taking is an emotional condition. If you repress your emotions you pervert them. Find a “sane” outlet. Not good: gambling, fast women, fast cars on public roads; throwing alcohol into the mix makes for a great Molotov Cocktail. If you like open air fire making go camping in bear territory. Possibly in Alaska, if the bears don’t get you, the skeeters sure as brimstone will…
3) In order to make a million you got to earn three… two you burn getting there, and that leaves you with “one”. Then you calculate your effective tax rate at 62% because you took the “profit” instead of listening to your tax accountant. That leaves you with 380K. Then you run to the bank, and they offer you 2.8% on a 2 Year CD. That’s a whopping $10,640.00 in your pocket, every year.
4) 10,000,000.00 with the aforementioned certificate of deposit: $280,000 annual income. Ya aint that rich buddy….
5) You buy a million dollar home. Now you are paying 2.25% effective tax rate on that asset (net of the ‘assessed value’), which is 22,500.00. In order to pay that you have to have a million in the bank, just to cover it: 1m x 0.028 = 28,000. Now the math nerds among you will say “I got $5500 disposable out of my $2m “tie up”. Yeah and how about property insurance? And do you really expect your “significant other” to clean the toilets? All assets are liabilities unless properly disposed of. And I almost forgot, you have to pay taxes on that 28K but I am assuming you hired a tax accountant by now.
6) So from the original 10m you got 8m “disposable”. You invest in a Bank CD (because you have decided to pervert your risk taking gene) at 2.8% which gives you $224,000. Barry says your a 1 per center, and Nancy agrees. You pay 62% effective tax rate, and your net disposable income is exactly $85,120.00
7) For you to take home eighty grand, you really need to earn one sixty. Your one sixty job is really worth ten million, because you take the interest deduction on your mortgage, and you offset your property taxes.
8) So next time somebody asks you how much you spent on your sailboat you can answer: It was worth a quarter million brand new, but I bought it at half that used from a guy entangled in a divorce proceeding because he got caught in the act of banging the nanny like a screen door in a hurricane and he had to pay his lawyer, and his wife’s lawyer, and the bills were starting to stack up. “Ya know, what I really wanted was a Maserati. And then I thought to myself, same amount of cash, buy a sailboat, it keeps its value better…”
9) Lead the exact same life you led before. Don’t tell ANYBODY, what you really got in the bank. The great unwashed masses will think you got money to burn, the wealthy will simply say “he did okay, smart guy, all around good people…”
10) Buy a nice house, because its good to own the toilet seat you sit on every morning. Buy a nice toy, because you only live once. Buy organic food even though it cost 2X, because you only got one set of teeth and they got to last into retirement. Marry “good people” because you need to believe that good things happen to good people. Be humble. Work hard. If your not working, read, because that is how humans download new ideas. Be generous with your TIME with those on the way up, and always bill REAL MONEY to those already there because time is money, and what the wealthy know better than most, is that working hard gets you nowhere, but taking responsibility for the results does.
I asked my lawn guy last month why he kept mowing the lawn considering it was half dead. He answered “because you pay me to mow it”. I asked him why my lawn was half dead. He answered “because you have a fungal infection”. I asked him why he thought I would know that. He answered “well obviously you don’t or you would have bought a ten dollar bottle of anti fungal treatment”. Hummmm, and I asked him, “WHY didn’t you charge me fifty bucks to spray that ten dollar bottle of anti fungal agent…?!”
Blank stares all around.
Hard working dude.
Don’t be a dude.
Dame drops some knowledge about being Independent.
MyZone, brought to you by #TeamMoet is proud to announce our partnership with long-standing affiliate C-Spade to exclusively showcase his on going web-series C-Styyle Fridayys! Amazing Talent. Stay tuned! Be sure to watch episodes 1-4 if you haven’t already! Clothing provided by @Adj_Clothing_Co. Click link below for more amazing streetwear.
Use promo code for 5% off your order if you buy 3+ shirts use “adjective” for 10% off.
Send all inquiries to1MILDMUSIC@GMAIL.COM